The Davies Crazies are 2 weeks in to our next adventure. Zed is out playing in the sand box while the kiddos and I are holding down the home front. We’ve enjoyed some amazing visitors; Mylee, Dax is still looking for you, Abby the girls want you to come back and go to the suseum, and Dad the kids can’t wait to go swimming. We are so blessed to have family that loves us and is willing to help out.
I believe by this time last adventure we had a black eye, not this time, just two puking kids and two kids with diarrhea. I know, not pretty, but it’s a day in my life. Some prettier things…we planted a garden and enjoyed a fun event for kids who have parents that are deployed. There’s a benefit to having so many kids…more chances to win. Think a 43″ TV and Chuck E Cheese gift card on top of the toy each kid in attendance got to pick out.
We’re also anxiously waiting our next assignment to be loaded in the system. We’re anticipating moving to Germany this summer, but as of this moment it’s just words. Everyone who has ever been slightly attached to the military knows that you can’t believe or act on anything until it’s in writing and even then it has a chance to change. There are some things I’ve started working, just so I don’t stress eat or bite all of my nails off…dang nails are gone already. Once it’s official I’ll be sure to post about it.
Catch Up Time…
I’ve been horrible about keeping track of my Selfish Year, but I’ll try to catch up.
- Lost 10lbs so far
- Successfully done date dates with the girls
- Ran 35 miles (broke my tail bone so I haven’t run in a while)
- Read 4 books
- I’ve gotten a 86 on my fitness test
- This will be my 3rd post this year
- Completed 3 sewing projects
- Completed 4 acts of service
- Setting aside the $ hasn’t been so good, but I also haven’t spent more than I make
- Have not started reading the Book of Mormon yet
- I have my ups and downs with talking to the kids appropriately
- No chore or bedtime routine
- New resolution
- Stop biting my nails – fail so far
- Go to bed NLT 10pm each night – usually a fail
So there you go…all caught up. Cross your fingers for us that our assignment is loaded soon!