Twenty five things to share.
1. Born in the middle of WW II
2. I asked my wife to marry me on my front porch while sitting on a swing in Audubon, NJ. A wonderful smelling Wisteria climbed a trellis adjacent to that swing.
3. I have three of the greatest children anyone could wish for. They are Kathryn, Sarah and Matthew. Along the way 9 grandchildren and four great grandchildren.
4. My wife is the reason for the great children.
5. I was never home when the children were growing up, ask Matt.
6. 21810 was a compromise between 34101 and 04609 when I retired.
7. Three of my most honored duties were performed for J.F.K, Herbert Hoover and General MacArthur’s funerals. Performing a wedding blessing for my granddaughter Samantha Davies and niece Lindsay Valasquez can now be added to that list.
8. My favorite saying is Semper Fi, and clearing my throat “ehhhmmm,” according to my daughters means, watch out.
9. My first dogs, Lady, Saucy, Ping, Marsh, Troop and Maggie have passed along the way. Our current K9, Benjamin Franklin, is a mostly Black Standard Poodle.
10. Numerous Felines graced our home, currently it’s Simon.
11. I am done with winter by January, summer by late July, it’s the extremes.
12. My favorite vacation trip was to Key West, FL with Bobby and Barbara, and Tommy and Elva. Elva’s a Hoot by the way, carries a duffle bag full of wigs and makeup. Ireland wasn’t bad either, and most recently, London and Dover in England.
13. I do not like heights.
14. I love Navy Football and the Philadelphia Eagles. UConn for Basketball, especially Gino’s girls.
15. I love the Air Force except when they compete against Navy.
16. I support The Salisbury School, Go Dragons, Tolland, CT HS and Mississippi State University and Salisbury University.
17. I love to write. Herself would say talk also.
18. I sold my pontoon boat to my son in-law, I still get to float this way.
19. My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. Aunt Barb’s Christmas Party ranks right up there also.
20. My favorite meat is Pork. To all my Muslim friends, I will not invite you that night.
21. My favorite beer is Guinness in winter, Shock Top in summer along with Cider most anytime. I’m liking a Porter now and then also.
22. My favorite meal is breakfast out, with Mary Agnes of course.
23. My favorite daughter in-law lives in CT.
24. I secretly admire two other women, their names are Belle and Annie, Standard Poodles by the way.
25. I am proud to be an American who Pees in the men’s room or out in the corn field. I stand for the National Anthem.
Go Navy beat Army!
Thanks for reading.
I’ll keep following you too. Especially to keep you on your toes about Army. Served in it, later lived just across the Hudson from it. Army, through and through.
Hi there, you’ve changed the appearance of your word display! Like it alot! Looking for the facebook follow button from here. I appreciate you following Protest the Chaos with Splashes of Beauty. Much appreciate you and your input in e-world. Tru
[…] well, I would like to say a special thank you to my friend and fellow blogger, a Marine for life, Mr. Rooster, Lee Fiddler. Thank you for giving of yourself to this nation. I am forever in your debt. May God bless […]
You are most welcome my friend, thanks for the shout out. Busyness has gotten tangled with Blogging of late and I’m feeling edgy not getting something out there. You’re doing great on your Daily Posts, just saying. Semper Fi
Many things these days are not worth the time and effort to read much less digest. Thank you for being above all the other literature that is out there. Being within your pages is a relaxing journey and very worth ones time.
Thank you Fred. Coming from a man who can capture the moment as well or better than anyone I know, much appreciated old friend.
Loved the 20 rules to live by. I’ll send them to our kids (and others). If everyone did these few simple things we’d all be in great shape.
Love reading your blog. It takes me to a relaxing place.
Thanks old friend.